After the partition of goods owned by Biancha Manfredi in 1580, Donato Stocco sold his possessions in Bergam in Italy and moved to Zadar (at that time under the rule of Venice). Family Stocco became the owner and user of many properties on islands near Zadar, including island Ugljan. They built Stocco castle in 1630, and in 1640 the castle was sold to another noble family, family Lantana.
In 1647. Marco Antonie Lantana married his daughter Domenica to Sebastian Ponte, and she brought Stocco castle as her dowry into the marriage. After the death of the last heir of Ponte family in 1897, the castle was abandoned and left to decay. In 1926, after returning from the USA, Marko Stipanić, an ancestor of today's owner bought the abandoned castle and partly rearranged it for the living. In 1930 the castle accommodated its first guests from the USA, and in 1932 the first restaurant on island Ugljan called Jadran was opened inside the castle. Mark Stipanić's grandson, Ante Stipanić, started the restoration of the castle which was finished in 2007 giving the castle the most beautiful shine in all its long history.